Apr 15, 2013

Prom Looks Under $200: Part 1



When I was in high school, mid-April meant one thing: PROM!! I absolutely loved prom, and I would spend months obsessing over what I would wear! So I thought I'd save you all some time and dedicate a few posts to affordable prom looks. Some people spend $200 on their prom dress alone, but there's no need for that! Hopefully I'm not too late and you haven't had prom yet!
If you're no longer in high school, that doesn't mean you can't still dress up! These pretty pieces are great for weddings or sorority and fraternity formals!!

The Look
Dress: $99.75 at ASOS,  Shoes: $17.80 at MakeMeChic,  Necklace: $6.80 at Forever21,  Earrings: $6.80 at Forever21, Pink Bracelet: $11 at Dorothy Perkins, Lavender Bracelet: $15 at Dorothy Perkins

OUTFIT TOTAL: $157.15!!!


I absolutely LOVE this dress! Its gives off a girly princess-y vibe with just a touch of edgy in the Feathers. I pared it with Accessories in rose and lilac to enhance the feel of the dress. 

Hair for this outfit: I would suggest a volumized, low side pont with flowing curls. Maybe add some feminine details like twists, braids or small clips at the back.

Makeup: For your eyes, go for a shimmer taupe shadow all over the lid, a soft and sultry plum in the crease, and light pink in the inner corners. Use a black liquid liner and either false lashes or a volumizing mascara. For your face and lips, focus on getting a flawless dewy complexion with subtle pink cheeks and lips. 








2 comments:

  1. adorbs ~ love how you've put together a cute look but still affordable!

    If you got the time please check out my blog and would love to get your feedback on my latest posts :)

    Have a wonderful day~
    xxx
    Gi
    http://gigil4m.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the detailed article

    ReplyDelete